This Site is owned and operated by the Spitfire Inbound (Pty) Limited (“Spitfire Inbound”), whose main office is located at 16 Louis Road, Orchards, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2192. Spitfire Inbound is a registered corporation in the Republic of South Africa with registration number 2016/165091/07.
This policy applies to all Spitfire Inbound direct entities and/or divisions but does not include any websites operated by associated companies/brands.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected by Spitfire Inbound
Spitfire Inbound may collect and store personally identifiable information about you if you voluntarily submit such information to Spitfire Inbound. Personally identifiable information may include your name, email address, physical address and other information that specifically identifies you.
This privacy statement is complementary to, and should be read and understood with, the general terms and conditions of the use set out on this website.
- The purpose of this privacy statement is to set out how Spitfire collects, uses, shares and otherwise processes your personal information when you use this Site, Spitfire products or Services, or when you contact Spitfire electronically.
- Spitfire may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your business, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
- User Provided Information: You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your phone number, billing information (if applicable) and physical address to Spitfire when choosing to participate in various uses of the Spitfire Service.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Spitfire Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Spitfire uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Spitfire Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Spitfire Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use the Spitfire Service, our servers log certain general information about you.
- If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Spitfire Site, or the Spitfire Service, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Spitfire Site and the Spitfire Service. You agree that we may process your personal information for all purposes that relate to the Site and the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered on the Site.
- If you share your personal information with any third parties, we will not be responsible for any loss suffered by you, your dependents, your beneficiaries, spouse or employees.
- Where applicable and to the extent appropriate, you confirm that we may share your personal information within the Spitfire group of companies for administration purposes and the provision of the Spitfire Services and infrastructure.
- You also confirm that we may share and combine all your personal information for any one or more of the aforementioned purposes to customise the Spitfire Services to meet your needs.
- By accepting this privacy statement, you authorise Spitfire to obtain and share information about your creditworthiness with any credit bureau or credit provider's industry association or industry body. This includes information about credit history, financial history, judgments, default history and sharing of information for purposes of risk analysis, tracing and any related purposes.
- You agree that we may transfer your personal information outside South Africa, provided that the country to which the information has been transferred is subject to similar data protection laws as the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, and provided that such transfer is required for the performance of the Services we provide to you, for example if you give us an email address that is hosted outside South Africa; or to administer certain services, for example, cloud services. In addition, you confirm that we can transfer personal information across borders under the conditions set out by HubSpot and Google as our preferred tools.
- We do not use your phone number or other Personally Identifiable Information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your phone number, or email address, if provided, without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes.
- Please let us know if you do not wish to receive any direct electronic marketing from Spitfire. Spitfire will store your personal information for the purpose of actioning this request and shall action it as soon as reasonably possible.
- Spitfire values the information that you choose to provide and will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information made available to Spitfire concerning its clients, is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- You have the right to know what personal information Spitfire holds about you. If you wish to receive a copy, please send an email through the contact form on https://www.spitfireinbound.com and specify the information you would like. Spitfire will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- You have the right to request Spitfire to update, correct or delete your personal information. Where Spitfire cannot delete your personal information, Spitfire will take all reasonable steps to make such information anonymous. You agree that Spitfire may retain your personal information until you request, in writing, Spitfire to delete or destroy it. This is subject to our compliance with any laws which requires that we retain/store or dispose thereof.
- Spitfire may enter into arrangements with its partners and other third party suppliers in order for them to provide services to you. Those arrangements may require Spitfire to disclose your personal information to them. If a third party asks Spitfire for any of your personal information, we will share it with them only if: you have already given your consent for the disclosure of this information to that third party; or we have a legal or contractual duty to give the information to that third party.
- We may collect and release Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent.
- Spitfire also reserves the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Spitfire believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Spitfire Site or our servers, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Spitfire, our users or others.
- If we want to share your personal information for any other reason, we will do so only with your permission.
- Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site you might not be able to access portions of our site.
- Spitfire uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Spitfire and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured Wi-Fi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Spitfire Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, Spitfire makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
- However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Spitfire learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Spitfire may post a notice on the Spitfire Site or through the Spitfire Service if a security breach occurs.
- In the event that Spitfire is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganisation, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- Spitfire may amend this privacy statement at any time, and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with this privacy statement regularly. The most updated version of this privacy statement will govern the respective rights and obligations between you and Spitfire each time that you access and use the Site.
- If you believe that Spitfire has used your personal information contrary to this Privacy Statement, you must first attempt to resolve any concerns with Spitfire. If you are not satisfied after this process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, under the Protection of Personal Information Act.
The contact details are:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
Postal Address: 33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Telephone Number: +27 (0) 10 023 5207
Fax Number: (011) 403-0668
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected by Spitfire Inbound
Spitfire Inbound may also automatically collect (through cookies, described below, and other methods) and store aggregate or anonymous information about user contact with and use of the Site. Examples of this type of information include demographic information, the type of internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software and peripherals you are using, the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Site and your browsing habits on and usage of the Site.
Non-Personally identifiable information may also include personally identifiable information that has been aggregated so that no one individual is specifically identifiable (such as, how many users in a particular city access the Site).
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
Spitfire Inbound will only use your personally identifiable information as described in this policy.
Spitfire Inbound may use the personally identifiable information we collect to contact you about our products and services or those of or other third parties from time to time. Except for the parties described below, we do not sell or share your personally identifiable information with third parties without your consent. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that are affiliates of Spitfire Inbound, technical consultants and other third parties who make our Site available, enhance its functionality, or provide associated services (but only for the purpose of providing such services to Spitfire Inbound).
Information obtained in connection with the Site may be intermingled with and used by us in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Site, including both offline and online sources.
We reserve the right to transfer any information to our successors in business and purchasers of Site assets or a particular division or line of business.
We also reserve the right to access and/or disclose any information as required by courts or administrative agencies and to the extent necessary to permit us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Site rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which Spitfire Inbound deems improper.
How We Use Your Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for any number of reasons, including advertising, promotional and/or other purposes.
A cookie file can contain various types of information, including a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. (Note: you may need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions.) If you choose to disable cookies or refuse to accept a cookie, you may not be able to utilise all features of the Site.
Our Site may contain links to web sites maintained by third parties.
Spitfire Inbound is not responsible for the privacy practices of such sites. You should carefully read their own privacy policies before providing any information to such websites.
Images used on the Spitfire Inbound website are the property of the person credited with the image. Some images are sources from free stock image sites including, Pixabay, StockSnap, Unsplash, Pexels, Canva, Burst, Barn Images. Spitfire Inbound also sources images from these website for client content.
You have the option to opt-out of receiving information from Spitfire Inbound. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out to you by Spitfire Inbound in relation to this Site. Spitfire Inbound also gives you the option to remove your information from its database of active users. If you no longer wish to take advantage of this Site or to receive any form of direct contact from Spitfire Inbound, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, or wish us to delete your personally identifiable information from our database of active users, please send us a request with the subject line “Privacy-Urgent”, and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, Spitfire Inbound is not responsible for removing information from third party lists or databases of any kind if we have shared your information with such third parties as permitted by this policy.
Please note that, notwithstanding the fact that we may have removed your information from our list of active users, we reserve the right to keep any information submitted or collected for business reasons, such as archiving data.
Reviewing or changing your information
In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, Spitfire Inbound gives users the option to change or modify their information previously provided. If you would like to change your information currently in our database, please contact us.
Spitfire Inbound is not responsible for updating information contained in third party lists or databases.
We are committed to taking reasonable and responsible steps to ensure the security of your information.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put into place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, and subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, we shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website. Furthermore, Spitfire Inbound makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free.
Protection for Children
This Site is not intended for users under the age of 18, and we have no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children (i.e., individuals under the age of 18). If a parent or guardian learns that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that child’s parent or guardian should contact us and send a request marked “Privacy – Urgent” if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our database. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Agreements in terms of Section 21 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No information or data on this website is an offer, but merely an invitation to do business. Merely sending a data message to this website shall conclude no agreements or its owners, valid agreements are only concluded as detail above. Data messages, such as e-mail, are only deemed to have been received by us once reply to and such a reply does not include an auto-reply.
The Republic of South Africa (Applicable by Governing Law)
This website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”), and thus the South African Law governs the use or inability to use this Site and these terms and conditions.
By using the Site, you freely and specifically give us your consent to export your personally identifiable information to RSA and to store and use it in RSA as specified in this policy.
Notification of changes
16 Louis Rd
+27 11 879 1914
In addition, our mailing address is:
Private Bag X4000